Friday, May 1, 2009

Reflection #8

Will electronic books eventually take over printed books?
The idea of the Kindle is great. Having your whole library at your fingertips. Books will become a lot cheaper and easier to read on the go. The new kindle is as thin as a number 2 pencil.

My biggest concern is having to stare at a screen for hours in order to read a book. Working on my computer for an hour gives me a headache. I am afraid that if I had to stare at a screen to read a book I may loose my love for reading.

There is a special magic when you are curled up in a blanket reading a book. Especially the ones that have you gripping the book with all your might as your insides scream at the characters. It may sound silly but I can't grip the kindle like I can a paperback book. I know this is a silly reason but that is how I feel. :) This reason definitely is not going to keep me from ever reading an electronic book. However, my first reason will.

No comments:

Post a Comment