Friday, May 1, 2009

Reflection #7

I found this website called The Math Forum.

As the title implies it is a forum. However, it is more like a "Dear Abby" because people of all ages write to Dr. Math with a question. There are forums for any grade and any math topic.

This is a great site for students who don't quite understand. I used this site a couple times to help me learn a different way to teach a topic I had to write a lesson plan on.

I recommend this site to teachers and students, even college students. :)

1 comment:

  1. What a neat site! I think it's so cool that you're in to math. My roommate is a math major, it just blows my mind because I think it really comes down to a different thinking pattern. So for those kids like me who just need to walk through each part step by step and slowly make logical connections, I think this could be a handy resource. And for those kids for whom this stuff clicks, what a way to go even further! I like the forum format, your whole class could even submit a question. Or you could create one of your own, your own math forum. So many possibilities friend! :)

    ReplyDelete