The site I found my activity on is on the Longwood Central School District website. They have categories for elementary, middle, and High school. I chose the Birthday Bar Graph activity on the elementary page. I adapted it to fit an older grade.
The student NET that this activity covers is Communication and Collaboration. The students will work together as a class to find the mean, median, and mode of a set of data they will create.
The teacher NET that is covered is Design and Develop Digital-Age Learning... I think this fits in because the teacher can use this to encourage the students to do their own research and create a bar graph, or another kind of graph they have learned, and present their findings to the class. This will help the students be able to work on and show something they are interested in, while still learning.
From observation I have notice that students are able to stay attentive twice as long when the SMARTBoard is used and they also learn more because they are more interested.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment